I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells.
I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace.
When you are in that place in you and I am in the place in me, WE ARE ONE.

~ Namasté ~

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Reiki for Animals

Reiki translates as ‘universal life-force energy’ and is an amazing energy healing method that originated in Japan with Dr. Mikao Usui. While Reiki has traditionally been used for healing people, in more recent years, those who have learned Reiki realize how beneficial this healing system is for their own pets and other animals, making Reiki an ideal complementary therapy for animals.

Reiki is a gentle, painless, non-invasive and stress-free experience for animals and I was fortunate enough to have the use of Reiki during a time when my Dachshund, Oliver, needed it most. He had gone out the door to do his business and when he went down the step he let out a loud 'yelp'. I knew something was wrong in that instant and after gently picking him up and assessing the situation, it was evident that a trip to the emergency vet was in order.


After several x-rays and what seemed an eternity, the vet finally called us in to report the findings. Oliver had slipped a disk and surgery was in his future to the tune of 5K. As any of us know when faced with this kind of decision, it was a difficult one to make. Oliver would not be undergoing surgery and I was devastated.

Armed with painkillers and anti-inflammatories for Oliver, we made the trip back home. That night while lying in bed, Oliver next to me, and after having some time to settle down, I thought to myself, "why aren't I doing Reiki"? So, I turned the Reiki energy on and for the next two hours Oliver received the healing energy of Reiki.

The next day one of my husband's co-workers mentioned a veterinarian in the Wisconsin Dells who did chiropractic on dogs. I made an appointment and drove the hour long trip with Oliver in the seat next to me. The vet assessed Oliver and then brought out an instrument that resembled a glue gun. After several minutes the treatment was over and Oliver seemed to be somewhat better.

I also made a crystal healing grid for Oliver which included a pet mandala, quartz crystals, rose quartz, and hematite. I set the intention for Oliver's healing and then activated the grid. I believe that using the grid also helped in Oliver's recovery.



Over the next several weeks I continued to do Reiki on Oliver and we travelled to the Dells for his weekly chiropractic treatment. After about a month there was noticeable improvement and he was walking on his back legs without any difficulty. Best of all he was free from pain!

I continued to do Reiki but one night after just a few minutes, Oliver looked up at me, got up and moved down the bed. I followed him and layed my hands on him. He again looked up at me, got up and walked away. I tried one more time to lay my hands on him, but he moved once again and at that point I knew that he was done with Reiki!

I believe that between the chiropractic treatments, the crystal grid and Reiki, Oliver's back mended without surgery and without an extended recovery period. I am truly grateful for the Reiki energy and for the healing that it brought Oliver.

(Disclaimer: Reiki is a natural method of energy clearing and balancing for the purpose of stress reduction and relaxation and may be used as part of an integrative healing or wellness program. While it can be used entirely on its own, it is not meant as a substitute for proper veterinary care.)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment